Saturday, March 3, 2012

Catharsis




It's March! I'd like to start off the month of my birthday with a great scene. This is a clip from "Party Girl," a 1995 film directed by Diasy Von Sherler Mayer starring one of my all-time, top acting heroines, Parker Posey. In this scene, Parker forever seals both her place in my heart as an acting genius and in my intellect as a damn cool chick. The rest of the film is great as well and has many of my favorite things; Manhattan, libraries, the dewey decimal system, anagnorisis, sex in a library in a rainstorm (yup), Liev Shrieber, and best of all (through this scene), catharsis! There simply aren't enough chances in real life to have these satisfying outbursts when things are unjust, wrong, or incorrect. Let's change that this month in constructive ways. Let's fight against those people who stack their own books. Why would they do that? Why?

2 comments:

  1. This is great! And how apt that I JUST posted about roaring- very similar to this!!! I think we're on the same wavelength... as usual... =)

    Happy birthday month!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll give you $5 if you successfully use "anagnorisis" during normal conversation.

    ReplyDelete